Wednesday 16 November 2011

Meeting 4

This week our meeting took place on the 15th of November at Spark house studios with my editor Daniel Ionescu and also present with reporter Alex Coleman.

This week our ideas centred on the theme of winter. I was asked if I would be available to cover the Lincoln Christmas market and compile a top ten of unique stores, in terms of photo opportunities I would need to get a photo which displays the stall clearly preferably without any onlookers.

The feedback we discussed was on my most recent story which was the Bishop enthronement story. The only problem encountered with this story was that the media office at the Cathedral did not send a photo thus the story didn’t go up when planned on the Saturday and they had searched the archives used a stock image of the bishop.

We also followed up my stimulant story which we concluded would take a lot longer. We also followed up on the comics in the world war story which we decided depended heavily on the responses; we hope that the interviewee would make the story local.

This week when I came pitching story ideas I pitched the following:
  1. What does the ice cream shop do during the winter?- I noticed this story when I at the top of the hill and I noticed the ice cream parlour and it made wonder what the shop did during the winter since trade would be down. The treatment for this story is to talk to the owners but currently the shop is shut for a few days. The deadline for the story has been left in the air because I have to go home this weekend for family engagement.Additional requirements for the story is to think further seasonal businesses and get in contact with them. So far I’ve thought of:
·        Shops stocking solely summer goods
·        Calendar shops
·        Heavily themed Christmas shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment