Tuesday 8 November 2011

Meeting 3

This weeks meeting took place on Tuesday the 8th November at at Sparkhouse studios with my editor Daniel Ionescu.

This week I received feedback from Saturday fun day story (http://thelincolnite.co.uk/2011/11/businesses-put-on-fun-day-for-lincoln-shoppers/), the overall feedback was positive however more on the purpose of the Feight on the Strait event could have been helpful. Next time to prevent such a problem happening again I will ask wider range of questions. It was concluded their was partial future opportunity to cover another Grindhaus story.

Also information from my Cathedral story was used in a similar story (http://thelincolnite.co.uk/2011/11/lincolns-historic-buildings-at-risk/).

This week I pitched one new story:
  1. Stimulant use among students- I’ve noticed that many students are using stimulants, Daniel told to research in a study done this year about the subject. For interviews I would need a student and someone in the medical profession.

This week however Daniel has asked to interview the new Lincoln bishop this Saturday. I was told to do research into the bishop and prepare 4 questions. One about the change in Cathedral allowing women priests, the link to youth and religion and Lincolns link to religion and one back up question. For the interview I was be researching the background of the Bishop and looking into local religion stories I will also take a marantaz to record as I will only be able to ask three questions. My deadline is on the Saturday and smart attire is needed. I will need to email Daniel later this week with my planned questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment