Wednesday 26 October 2011

Week 1 Meeting Tuesday 11th

So here’s where I’ll be posting my blogs posts about my ideas meetings from work placement at the Lincolnite. Our usual meeting place and time is at Sparkhouse studios (where they situated) and .

Feedback from the last story which was looking to the damage to stone work at Lincoln Cathedral required a second opposite opinion or a different angle.

Here are the stories I pitched this week from independent research:
  1. I currently am waiting on a Freedom of Information Request concerning the pass rate of first year students prior to taking a re-sit.
  2. The University of Lincoln is host to a project is examining comics during World War 2 and I proposed interviewing the project leader.


For both of these ideas it was decided to wait and see how they progress and continue research.

Here are the stories which my editor proposed.
  1. Looking into the new night club which will soon be opening around Lincoln and attempt to arrange a tour.
  2. Find a student who lived with a lecturer during the housing crisis at the University of Lincoln.
  3. Create a top ten of the best student discounts around the city of Lincoln.

For the first two I will be continuing research as both need some examining. With the results of my research I’ll pass them onto my editor and see if their worth pursuing. The one I’ve been told to pursue and write up is the third one. For my research for this one I’ve talked with other students about what discounts they receive and I looked around the city to see what the offer. When I’ve complied a list I’ll send off the list for my editor for approval then I’ll begin writing the article up. Each one will be 50 words long and contain a location of the establishment and an explanation of their discount. The deadline set was early next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment